Review: Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream #23

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Yay!!! I'm finally back with another blog post. It's been way too long. I started working at the end of October 2016 and clearly haven't touched this blog since then. I haven't stopped buying and trying new products however, so my list of posts to write is just getting longer and longer. Today's review won't be about a new product, but a lot of newer ones are lined up, so I'm pretty excited! This doesn't go to say that I'm not excited about today's review, but I can't resist the excitement of getting new things.ヽ( ★ω★)ノ Anyways, the product I'll be reviewing today is Missha's M Perfect Cover BB Cream in color #23.

Like I mentioned earlier, this isn't a new BB Cream. It's been around for pretty long. There are also a lot of existing reviews about this particular BB Cream, but when I was first doing research for a new BB Cream (prior to this BB, all I'd ever tried were Etude House BB Creams), I was unable to find swatches in the #23 shade, so I thought I'd write a quick review at the very least, so I can post swatches of the shade in comparison to some other BB Creams.

I've used this BB Cream for a very, very long time. I think I started using it around four to five years ago, and it wasn't until recently that I started branching out and looking for other brands/products. This isn't because this BB Cream is HG status for me (though I don't really have too many complaints about it either), but rather, I didn't start paying more attention to my skin and makeup habits until around the time I started this blog.

Before I get to the swatches, I'm going to describe the product a little first.


Above you can see Missha's claims concerning the effects of the BB Cream, as well as the list of ingredients. It's SPF 42 / PA+++, which is a little lower than I'd like, but I always wear sunscreen underneath regardless, so I'm not too concerned about that. It is scented, but the smell is really light and doesn't bother me.

For me, the finish leans more towards dewy compared to matte, but it's not extremely dewy. The words "perfect cover" are in the title of the BB Cream, but as many people know, the coverage of this BB Cream actually leans towards the light side. When I wear it, it smooths and evens my skin out, but it only covers the lightest and smallest of imperfections. I never really minded this though, because I used this as my every day go to. Nowadays I'm looking for base makeup with a little bit more coverage, but if you're into light, natural looking base makeup, then this is for you.

As for the shade, #23 in Missha products is usually about my shade. It's too light in the summer time, but the rest of the year, it's pretty okay. My only complaint about this particular BB Cream is that while the shade mostly matches my skin tone, it's also really gray. It doesn't bother me to the extent that I won't use it (I did use it in fact for four plus years), but the grayness is something that some people don't like.

Below you can see this the BB Cream in comparison to Missha M Signature Real Complete BB Cream in #23, SKIN79 Hot Pink Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions, Canmake Perfect Serum BB Cream in 01 Light, and Ettusais Mineral White BB Cream in 20 Natural.


Left: Swatches pre-blended // Right: Swatches blended and in direct sunlight


Left: Swatches right after blending in indirect sunlight // Right: Swatches five minutes after blending in indirect sunlight

Shade #23 looks a little bit dark on my skin in the bottom two pictures, but my inner wrist is actually a little bit lighter than my face. As for the last picture, it's at a slightly different angle, which is why the Perfect Cover BB Cream looks so much darker, but it does also oxidize, so as the day passes by, the color does darken a bit.

The staying power for Missha's Perfect Cover BB Cream is just okay in my opinion. It definitely starts fading after four or so hours, but I do still have a considerable amount on my face at the end of the day when I cleanse. Its oil control isn't the best, but I also have dehydrated skin, so my skin gets oily on its own as well.

Missha claims that the BB Cream supplies "moisture and nutrition at the same time" and it's not the most drying BB Cream that I've ever used, but it still gets dry on my skin after a while. Keep in mind however, that I usually put on makeup at around 7 or 8 AM and remove it at around 10 or 11 PM, so my days are 12+ hours long. And I don't expect any BB Cream to stay moisturizing for that long. On days that I put on makeup around 7 AM my skin doesn't usually start to feel overly dry until about 8 or 9 PM. It is still winter where I am, so that affects the dryness of my skin as well. I have dehydrated, dry skin and live in a very dry state, so I tend to be picky with what I think is moisturizing enough.

All of that being said, I quite like this BB Cream. It's not perfect, but like I said, I wore it most days for four years straight. That's a lot of bottles emptied without any big complaints!


In short, despite the fact that this BB cream has mid to low coverage, it smooths out skin tone well. It has average lasting power as well as oil control. Additionally, it does oxidize, is slightly gray in tone (for shade #23), and has a slightly dewy finish.

Would I buy it again? Yes, but I want to explore other options as well.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram