Haul: August + September 2016

Monday, October 10, 2016

I decided that since I tend to buy things in bulk (bulk as in big orders from one site and also multiple orders within a few days of one another), it'd be most effective if I started doing haul posts per month rather than per store or order. This month is an exception with two months combined because I ordered at the end of August and the beginning of September. That being said, this post will be about my August and September purchases, which were from innisfreeworld, H mart (an Asian supermarket), and alphabeauty.

From left to right in the picture above, the items I bought (and where I bought them from) are:
  • alphabeauty
    • Daiso Bubble Foaming Net (comes with 2 nets, one big and one small for travel)
    • Visee Crayon Eye Color BE-1
    • Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel
    • Canmake Perfect Stylist Eyes 10 Sweet Flamingo
    • Hada Labo Perfect UV Gel
    • Hada Labo Gokujyun Hyaluronic Acid Lotion
  • H Mart
    • Aroma Resort Hand Cream Happy Sweet Peach
    • Namerakahonpo Soy Milk Isoflavone Emulsion
    • Namerakahonpo Soy Milk Isoflavone Lotion
  • innisfreeworld
    • It's Real Squeeze Sheet Mask Black Berry (x10)
    • It's Real Squeeze Sheet Mask Kiwi (x10)
    • It's Real Squeeze Sheet Mask Aloe (x10)
    • It's Real Squeeze Sheet Mask Tea Tree (x10)
    • Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder
    • Innisfree Eco Flower Tint Balm Azaleas
    • A free Lee Minho pouch (not a fan, but I like free things and I like makeup pouches haha)


For anyone's who's interested, I'll list the order dates, shipping dates, and dates the packages arrived below as well as write a little bit about each store.


innisfreeworld
Order date: August 23, 2016 (August 24, 2016 KST)
Shipped on: August 24, 2016
Arrived: August 26, 2016

If you read my review on the reformulation of The Face Shop's Real Nature Sheet Masks, you'll know I didn't like them very much. As a result, I was looking for a new brand of sheet masks to use, and innisfree was doing a 10+10 sale on sheet masks and I'd read good reviews about their sheet masks, so I thought I'd give them a try. These weren't the exact ones I wanted, but after the first day of the sale, half of the ones I wanted went out of stock and since it was my first time buying from innisfreeworld, I wasn't sure if they would restock or just finish the sale when they ran out, so I ordered forty masks instead of sixty and settled on some masks I wouldn't have bought if the others had been in stock. In case anyone's wondering, they restocked the out of stock masks until the sale ended. Either way, it was a really good deal. I got forty masks for only a little more than $20 USD. Next time they do the sale I'll definitely buy more!

In addition to the masks, I got another shade of the Eco Flower Tint Balm, because I liked my first one so much. I also bought the No Sebum Mineral Powder, because I tried it when I studied abroad and liked it a lot, but my old one had expired.

I'll be writing reviews about the sheet masks, but probably not the powder because there are quite a few reviews on it out there already. The tint balm already has a review that I linked above.

I wanted to spend enough to get free shipping ($60 USD), but my budget wouldn't allow for it, so I chose the cheapest shipping option, which was DHL. It cost $18.00 USD, so it was a lot cheaper than DHL seems to be on other online stores, and I love DHL shipping because it is super fast, so I'm only complaining because I'm cheap and want free shipping LOL.

This is what my package looked like out of the mailbox, opened, and what the items looked like packaged individually. The sheet masks were in their own little box, which I thought was nice.




H Mart
H Mart is a supermarket chain that sells mostly Asian produce, but also other things. There are two in the state I live in and while shopping there on September 3rd, I became deliriously happy at the realization that they sell not only a lot of produce and ingredients I use a lot when I cook, but also a small selection of Asian skin care products! And by small, I mean that one location sells some Namerakahonpo products (Lotion, Emulsion, Cream, Face Wash) in addition to a few hand creams and the other location only sells the same Namerakahonpo products, Hada Labo's Gokujyun Hyaluronic Acid Lotion, some shampoos (Shiseido Tsubaki, Ichikami, etc.), and My Beauty Diary Sheet Masks. 

I've done some research on the Namerakahonpo products, so I couldn't hold back and bought the lotion and emulsion even though I'm currently using the Hada Labo lotion and will need to find time to test out the emulsion. They were $12.99 USD each, which I didn't consider too bad, since I didn't have to pay for shipping or wait for them to arrive. Additionally I grabbed a hand cream from Aroma Resort in the scent Happy Sweet Peach, because my peach obsession has skyrocketed lately.

I like the hand cream a lot! I wouldn't say it's as moisturizing as my Aveeno moisturizer, but it smells good and still does an adequate job. Hand creams are simple though, either they do their job or they don't, so I won't be writing a review about this one. Just know that it smells very nice! Not exactly like peaches, but still good.

I haven't had the chance to use the two skin care products yet, but I have them in my schedule and will start testing them soon, so I'll (eventually) write a review on them!


alphabeauty
Order date: August 29, 2016
Shipped on: August 30, 2016
Arrived: September 9, 2016

It was night time when I got my package out of the mailbox, so I didn't have good lighting to take pictures of the package. I've written two other alphabeauty haul posts though, so I thought that it'd be okay this time. I could rave about alphabeauty forever, but since this post is getting a little long, I won't say much! The package arrived quickly, like their packages always do and everything was packaged nicely.

I'll be writing reviews on everything I got in this order except for the Daiso Foaming Nets and the Canmake Eyeshadow palette, because that was a gift for my sister.


Okay, that's about it for my August and September haul. I should have another post up this week. It's in my drafts and I am 90% done writing it! But okay, as always, yay for new products and thank you for reading!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram