Review: Innisfree Eco Flower Tint Balm

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

azaleas (진달래) // garden balsam (봉숭아)
Hello~! As promised, here is a review on Innisfree's Eco Flower Tint Balm in the shades shown above. These are currently my favorite lip products! I bought the tint balm in garden balsam first, but Innisfreeworld recently had a 10+10 sale for their It's Real Squeeze Sheet Masks, so I figured I'd buy another shade because I liked the first one so much.

It took me a very long time to realize that my lips are actually on the dry side, so I only used normal tints, which didn't always look very flattering on me. And then I found this tint balm.

I bought my first stick from Jolse's Amazon store for $9.98 USD with free standard (economy) shipping. You can find these on most K-beauty online shops and Innisfreeworld also sells them for $9.00 USD (though I got mine for cheaper because I signed up for an account so I got a code for 15% off).

Just to note, if anyone does buy these from Jolse, they have "garden balsam" listed as "peach." I also made this mistake when I first looked at the packaging. "Garden balsam" in Korean is "봉숭아/bong soong ah" and "peach" is "복숭아/bok soong ah," so they're easy to mix up.


They come just like this, not in a box or anything, but they do have an extra sticker that goes from the bottom all the way to the top, so you know that your tube hasn't been opened. I peeled that sticker off before I took pictures, so you can't see them here.


This is what the sticks look like lightly used (left: azaleas, right: garden balsam). I tend to like a more natural (or at least more sheer) look when I wear lip color, so I opted to buy two lighter colors, but there are three other colors in the line that are darker (and might have more pigmentation).


From top to bottom both pictures show: one swipe of azaleas, three swipes of azaleas, one swipe of garden balsam, and three swipes of garden balsam. The picture on the left was taken in natural sunlight during the day and the picture on the right was taken at night time under a white light (still kind of yellow though because my main light is yellow but the lamp I took the picture directly under is white ㅠㅠ). You can click on either picture to see them bigger.

Both tint balms glide onto the lips very smoothly. The color definitely shows, but it's quite sheer. Thankfully you can (kind of) build up the color. It won't be as opaque as say, lipstick, but I quite like the amount of color these provide.

They leave a light gloss on your lips and aren't drying at all, nor do they make your lips look dry. I usually wear mine with just a little bit of regular lip balm underneath. When I wear these, I can definitely feel that I'm wearing lip product, but it's not particularly sticky, so it's not uncomfortable (I'm not fond of sticky lip gloss).


This is me wearing the tint balm in azaleas on the left and garden balsam on the right. I swiped the balm three times in each picture. In the middle I have nothing on my lips except for a little bit of regular (un-tinted) lip balm. Please forgive the skin color differences in these pictures LOL. I took the two pictures on the left today, but the picture on the right was taken back in winter (and I'm wearing BB Cream in that picture but not the other two!).

As you can see in the above picture, the tints are a little bit sheer. I have read a handful of other reviews for this tint balm that it's possible to build up the color. I don't really mind that the color's so light, but if anyone's thinking of buying the lighter shades, they might want to keep in mind that they'll probably be a little more sheer than the darker shades. It might help if you wear foundation or primer to fade out your natural lip color, but I have yet to test that out.

I don't try to keep my lip makeup on while I eat and instead opt to reapply it afterwards, so I'm not sure how well these would stay on while eating or drinking. However, when I wipe with a napkin between bites, it takes only a few wipes for most of the product to come off. They do leave a very light stain, but it's very, very light. (Though I wouldn't expect as much of a stain from these as I would from a regular tint since this is a tint balm.)


In short, these are nice non-drying lip balms with okay pigmentation. The lighter shades are a little sheer, but they can be built up a little bit. They're not sticky and aren't particularly moisturizing, but don't make my lips look dry either.

Would I buy it again? Yes! I actually did recently, which is why I now own two different shades. I really like them; they're easy to apply, relatively cheap, and the colors are pretty!


As always, thanks for reading~ Until next time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram