Review: The Face Shop Milky Moisture Tint

Saturday, March 26, 2016

02 apricot coral (애프리콧코랄) // 03 apple red (애플레드)
Hello! This will be my first review and post on hellomybetterdays. Today I'll be reviewing The Face Shop's Milky Moisture Tint in the two shades shown above.

Usually I don't wear too much makeup. Sometimes I'm even too lazy to wear lip color, but in addition to mascara and BB cream, lip makeup is the only thing I wear. It wasn't until recently that I started to prefer balms and lipsticks to tints. Originally, I hated lipsticks and would only wear lip tint, which is what led me to buy The Face Shop's lip tints. They are advertised as being moisturizing (with words like "milky" and "moisture" in the title) so I figured I would try them out.

Anyways! I originally bought The Face Shop's Milky Moisture Tint in 02 apricot coral tint (애프리콧코랄) and I remember liking it a lot, so I went back to buy the 03 apple red color (애플레드). I bought both of these while I was studying abroad in Korea, so I don't remember their exact cost, but they were around ₩6,000 to ₩7,000, so approximately $5.00 to $6.00 USD. One bottle holds 4ml of product.

When I first bought these lip tints, I liked them a lot, but I feel a little differently about them now. It's not that they're bad, just that I don't like them as much as I used to.


Above you can see the bottles opened and the applicator. Click the pictures to see them full sized.

The tint doesn't spread as evenly as other types of lip makeup (e.g. tinted lip balm or lipstick), at least for me. It's not drying either, but when I wear this, it highlights the dryness of my lips, so I definitely have to wear some lip balm on top (and a little underneath too). I would say my lips are on the dryer side, but they're not usually chapped. 

The #02 tint, apricot coral, was really hard for me to spread evenly on my lips. The color was also very sheer, so I ended up not taking a picture of it. It's probably because my natural lip color is on the darker side, but when I wear tint 02, rather than looking like I'm wearing a coral color lip tint, my lips just looked dry with uneven lip tint on them. 

The #03 tint, apple red, spread more evenly, but I couldn't get it perfect either. It took more effort than I would like to even out the color on my lips and to get rid of the streaks. You can see me wearing it below in the picture on the left. I'm wearing a layer of lip balm on top, to prevent my lips from looking dryer than they are.


On the right, you can see the color swatches with apricot coral on top and apple red on the bottom. I swiped only once for both colors, and this is what the tints look like when they haven't dried yet.

Both lip tints stayed on pretty long and left a slight stain my lips. I don't try to keep lip makeup on while I eat, and instead just reapply it afterwards, but some other reviewers have said that the color stays well for them even after eating.


In short, I would recommend buying these tints if you have time to blend them in and if you're worried about drying out your lips, since they're not drying. If your lips are already dry, you might want to avoid these, as they can make them look even dryer. The color pigmentation is okay, and the lip tint stains for quite a while if you don't try to take it off.

Would I buy it again? Probably not. But that's because I prefer more moist lipsticks and tinted lip balms.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram