Review: Etude House Lash Perm 3 Step Volumecara

Friday, April 08, 2016

Hi again! This time I'll be reviewing Etude House's Lash Perm 3 Step Volumecara. I really like this mascara and used it as my go-to mascara for a little more than two years. It wasn't until recently (last month!) that I found another one that I like more, but there will be a review on that mascara later~

I am super picky when it comes to mascara. My eyelashes are average-ish length, but it's difficult to get them to hold a curl. The three different steps of Etude House's Last Perm 3 Step Volumecara were what initially attracted me to it. After buying it, I found out that I only like the third step though, haha, so that's all I ever use. The pink part of the tube twists and you can match the number of the step to the pink arrow on the bottom black part of the tube to choose what step you want to use. As you can see below on the left, my tube is set to step 3.

I first bought this mascara for around $9.00 to $10.00 USD online. When I bought it in Korea, I believe the cost was around the same price, but after checking the international Etude House site and the Korean Etude House site today, I found that the prices were $15.00 and ₩13,000 respectively. Jolse is currently selling the mascara for $11.03 USD.


The only differences I notice between the three steps are the amount of product that you get out of the tube. The mascara wand is a little on the short side compared to other mascaras, but it's not uncomfortable to hold. The actual mascara brush looks a little big, but I don't have much trouble getting to inner lashes when I use it either.

The tube holds 9.5g of product, and maybe it's because I usually only use the 3rd step, but it runs out quicker than I'd like it to. I use mascara whenever I wear makeup, which is normally just on the weekdays. Nonetheless, I liked the mascara enough to continue to use it for two years.


Above you can see my lashes with Etude House's Lash perm 3 step volumecara on. Below you can see my bare lashes. (Please ignore my bags in the bottom most pic ㅠㅠㅠㅠ eye bags + 애교 살 are not pretty)


Anyways! As you can see, the mascara is quite lengthening while also keeping my lashes curled to an extent. As for volume, it doesn't do too much, but it definitely makes my lashes more noticeable. I usually wear a few coats and have no trouble applying them, since it doesn't dry too quickly. It lasts all day, and it's really easy to wash off (yay!).


In short, this mascara is a big YES for me. It's lengthening and holds curls all day long. It's also easy to wash off and it's not too expensive!

Would I buy it again? Yes, I would! As far as mascaras from Korean makeup brands go, this is one of my favorites.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram